Adam Gaslowitz and Robert Port discuss “Financial Management and Life Care Options for Seniors” on Wealth Matters. Guests include Miles Hurley, Partner at Hurley Elder Care Law; Barbara Scurry, Owner at Senior Partners; and Chris Foster, Executive Director at A Hand to Hold.
ABOUT MILES HURLEY
Miles Patrick Hurley is an Elder Law attorney in private practice in Atlanta, serving the legal needs of the elderly population on issues related to aging; including retaining independence,quality of life and financial security. Mr. Hurley is one of ten attorneys in the state of Georgia to receive the Elder Law Attorney Certification (CELA), and one of approximately 400 nationwide.
THE LAW FIRM PRACTICE: Miles is committed to making the process of planning for the future—our own and that of those we love—as pain-free as possible. His firm holds the philosophy that dedicated client service and individualized plans can actually make this difficult process empowering and even rewarding.
- Providing comprehensive legal solutions for elders by helping families find, get and pay for good long-term care
- Life Care Planning
- Veterans Benefits Eligibility
- Medicaid and nursing home planning
- Asset Protection
- Special Needs planning
- Wills, Trusts and Powers of Attorney
- Probate and Estate Administration
LEADERSHIP ROLES: Mr. Hurley serves or has served in the following leadership roles:
- President of the Georgia Chapter of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Founding member and former Vice President of the Life Care Planning Law Firms Association (LCPLFA)
- Current Chair of the Elder Law Section of the State Bar of Georgia
- Served as the vice president of the Board of Directors for The Lewy Body Dementia Association
- Board member Atlanta Theater To Go
- Board member Estate Planning Council of North Georgia
- Troop Committee – Boy Scout Troop 74
EDUCATION, PUBLICATIONS AND CREDENTIALS:
- Undergraduate-Emory University/University of Tennessee, Knoxville; Law – Georgia State University
College of Law
- Contributor: Alzheimer’s Association – GA Chapter, Quarterly Newsletter; Contributor: Senior Services
North Fulton Quarterly Newsletter
- Member of State Bars of Georgia and Tennessee
ABOUT BARBARA SCURRY
Barbara Scurry grew up in Minneapolis, MN but has lived in the Atlanta area since late 2000. She graduated cum lade with a Bachelor’s of Business Administration from Middle Tennessee State University and had a corporate career in marketing in the manufacturing, financial services, and geriatric healthcare industries.
While doing sales and business development in nursing homes and marketing for a Continuing Care Retirement Community and a private-duty home care company, she developed a passion for working with senior citizens. In 2011, Barbara started Senior Partners (formerly The Money Moxie) to be a financial advocate that provides peace of mind to seniors who are struggling with their daily life and money matters.
With her skill at organizing chaos, Barbara and her staff of three Senior Partners, get things done for their clients, protect them from fraud, help keep them independent, and save them money. Senior Partners specializes in providing above and beyond personalized, concierge-type services for their clients.
Barbara lives in Norcross and part-time in Charleston, South Carolina with her husband Darryl and has recently taken up yoga and cardio boxing as her outlet for stress.
ABOUT CHRIS FOSTER
As an inspirational business leader, Chris Foster brings 25 years of business management in the Atlanta market to A Hand To Hold, one of Georgia’s largest private duty home care agencies. As a Certified Senior Advisor (CSA) & Gerontologist, Chris is an expert in the field of aging and senior care. With extensive experience in business management, marketing, public speaking and leadership, Chris strives to bring inspirational messages, timely information and reliable resources to the seniors of Georgia.
ABOUT GASLOWITZ FRANKEL, LLC:
Gaslowitz Frankel is an experienced trial practice firm specializing in all aspects of complex fiduciary litigation throughout Georgia and the Southeast. With a focus on representing individuals, companies, banks, and fiduciaries in dispute involving wills, estates, trusts, guardianships, businesses, and securities law, their experienced and highly qualified litigation attorneys have tremendous credentials and a proven history of success.
To watch the video of this show, CLICK HERE.
If you would like to watch past episodes of “Wealth Matters”, please visit their You Tube Channel.
Remember to tune in on the 4th Wednesday of every month at 8:30 AM to listen live to their show!